Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Straight up - its the Verticals Bracelet

Wow I bet you guys thought I had quit already - but no as they say you cant keep a good beader down (or words to that effect).  I do confess to being a mite distracted recently but am still happily beading my way through the Book!

My second project of choice is on page 33 - Verticals Bracelet.  Now its a funny thing - I very very rarely use bugle beads in my beading - I just dont like them.  They cut the thread, they break - all sorts.  Funny then that I have a ready supply of these in my bead stash. 

I chose colours similar to Sabine's - this is how my beading tray looked with my selections:

At first glance these colours dont seem to go together at all but actually beaded up really well.








In step 7 of the project it explains that you have to build up additional squares onto the bracelet - I just wanted to say that these addiitional squares use existing bugles so you will only thread enough beads to complete a square - I know that doesnt make any sense at all but here are the photos:


I absolutely love this bracelet - one thing that is not mentioned in the book is that the bracelet looks just as good on the reverside side - have a look:


So anyway thats project number two beaded up 


Wanna see what I've been distracted by?


9 comments:

  1. Great piece...and WHAT IS THAT YOU ARE SO DISTRACTED BY????? Is that cloth? Is that clay? You know I'm a doll maker too & sometimes get involved in clay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its polymer clay - I am having a fab time making these little fellas. Have a look at my new FB page http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Dragon-Space/361481670586195

    ReplyDelete
  3. this piece is so pretty, I am loving it!
    Sabine's book landed on my desk this week - and I am mopping up the drool as I read through it! No wonder you weren't sure where to start!
    Keep going - I am enjoying your journey
    Sara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Chris - I may change the clasp but I love this one

      Delete
  5. Hello
    Love your blog. You have some great ideas and beautiful pieces. Have you seen this press release and news article? Blogrower on Typobounty is a new game changing concept and could greatly affect online blogs like yours. You can become a registered hunter (it's free to join) and make money by finding errors on internet websites. Secondly, you can submit your blog on their site and increase your blog readership by allowing hunters to hunt for errors on your website. Imagine huge numbers of hunters reading every word. I just thought you or readers might be interested.For more information please check out the press releases at

    http://www.urlwire.com/news/051011.html

    or

    http://www.prweb.com/releases/Mediaudience/Blogrower/prweb9296906.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Beading Community? Our members will love it.
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also add Photos, Videos and Classifieds if you like. It’s free and easy.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    Please feel free to share as often and as much as you like.
    The Beading Community: http://www.vorts.com/beading/
    I hope you consider sharing with us.
    Thank you,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...